Once you are logged in, just go in your profile settings and download the ShareX config file for your account.
Once you are logged in, go in your profile account and click on the Screencloud button. Now open Screencloud, open “Preferences” > “Online Services” tab > click “More Services” > and “Install from URL” and paste the URL copied from XBackBone, and all should work out-of-the-box.
If for whatever reason you need to change the instance url or the token, just edit the settings of the XBackBone plugin.
This tool does not support plugins or custom configuration, but you can configure it manually: In preferences, you should add “Custom” host and configure it as follows:
- API URL: Your instance upload url, like
- Request method: POST
- File field: file
- URL Path: [“url”]
- In “Other fields”, in the body section, you should add the field
token, with your upload token.
- In “Other fields”, in the headers section, you should add the field
Content-Type, with the value
XBackBone can generate a script that allows you to share an item from any tool, even headless servers:
- Login into your account
- Navigate to your profile and download the Linux script for your account.
- Place the script where you want (ex. in your user home:
- Add execution permissions (
chmod +x xbackbone_uploader_XXX.sh)
- Run the script for the first time to create the desktop entry:
Now, to upload a media, just use the right click on the file > “Open with …” > search XBackBone Uploader (XXX) in the app list. You can use this feature in combination with tools like Flameshot, just use the “Open with …” button once you have done the screenshot.
The script requires
notify-send on a desktop distribution.
Note: XXX is the username of your XBackBone account.